How to Cook Sizzling Tofu Sisig
Want to eat meatless this time? I think this tofu sisig is the one dish that you have to try. It is also very easy to cook and prepare and the ingredients are simple and few.
Servings: 4 servings
- 10 pcs tokwa sliced into small cubes
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3 pcs siling haba or long green chilies sliced diagonally
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup liquid seasoning
- 1/4 cup kalamansi juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 pcs siling labuyo chopped (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper powder
- cooking oil for frying and sauteing
How to Cook Sizzling Tofu Sisig:
Slice tokwa into small cubes. Coat with cornstarch by using a plastic bag and shaking it until the tokwa is coated with cornstarch.
Deep fry the tokwa until golden brown and crispy. Drain in a strainer and set aside.
In an empty wok or pan, heat about 1 Tbsp. of cooking oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
Then add in the long green chilies and bell peppers and sauté. Then pour liquid seasoning and kalamansi juice and stir. Add the mayonnaise and black pepper then stir until well mixed. turn off heat.
Add the fried tokwa and toss until well coated with the sauce,
Heat the sizzling plate and brush some cooking oil. Then melt 1 Tbsp. of butter then spread on the surface. Put the tofu sisig and toss a little bit then serve hot.