How To Cook Pancit Malabon
Pancit malabon is a Filipino noodle dish that originated from Malabon.
Servings: 8 to 10 servings
- 1/2 kilo fresh pancit Malabon noodles
- 1/4 kilo pork boiled and cut into strips
- 1/2 kilo shrimp cooked and shelled
- 3 cups pork broth
- 3 tablespoons achuete seeds or annatto seeds
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 small head garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons kinchay chopped
- 100 grams tinapa deboned and flaked
- 100 grams chicharon crushed finely
- 1/4 cup kalamansi juice
- Patis fish sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 kilo oysters shucked and cooked (or mussels)
- 1/2 kilo squid cleaned, boiled and sliced into rings
- 2 hard boiled eggs cut in quarters
- 1 head pechay tagalog blanched and sliced
How To Cook Pancit Malabon:
In a pot boil water and cook pancit Malabon noodles. Drain and put aside.
Soak achuete in pork broth, when the broth turns dark red, remove achuete and blend in flour.
Saute garlic and add atsuete mixture. Cook till thickened. In a large bowl put together noodles, achuete sauce, kinchay, tinapa, chicharon, pork, kalamansi juice.
Season with patis and pepper. Arrange attractively on a serving dish or a bilao.
Decorate with sliced boiled eggs, oysters, squid, shrimps and pechay.