How to Cook Nilagang Baka
Nilagang baka is a Filipino beef soup with vegetables like carrots, potatoes, cabbage and pechay.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3/4 kilo beef sliced in 2 inches length
- 2 pc s beef bouillon dissolved in 4 cups water or 4 cups beef bones soup stock
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorn
- 1 pc onion sliced
- 2 medium size carrots sliced in four portion
- 3 medium size potatoes sliced in four portion
- 1 small pechay optional
- 1 small cabbage sliced in four portion
- Salt to taste
- MSG or granulated seasoning optional
How to cook nilagang baka:
Boil the beef until tender with peppercorns and onion in a pot with the soup stock or the water with the dissolved bouillon. Add water if necessary to avoid drying up.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the carrots and potatoes and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Then add the remaining ingredients and put salt and MSG according to your taste. Serve hot.