How to Cook Hamburger Steak with Onion Gravy
This recipe is about cooking hamburger steak with onion gravy. Using onions in beef dishes and the use of seasoning such as MSG in a simple and delicious dish that anyone can enjoy.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 3 Tbsp. red onions finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup sliced white onions
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp. lard
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- MSG or granulated seasoning
- a dash of pepper
How to cook Hamburger Steak with Onions:
Mix the ground beef with 3 Tbsp. of finely chopped onions and season to taste with MSG, salt, and pepper.
Shaped into thick patties and dredge into sifted flour and fry in a very hot lard until done.
Remove fried burger patties from the pan. Reduce heat then add crushed garlic and 1 1/2 cups sliced onions.
Add salt and pepper to taste and saute slowly until onions turns to brown.
Sprinkle the flour and soy sauce over the sauteed onions. Add 1/2 cup water and simmer until the sauce is thick.
Arrange the hamburgers on a platter and pour the sauce over the burgers.
Serve hot with steamed rice.
- When mixing the ground beef with onions, be sure to mix them thoroughly so that the onions are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
- Be sure to shape the patties into thick, uniform sizes so that they cook evenly.
- Dredging the patties in flour before frying helps to create a crispy crust and prevents them from sticking to the pan.
- Fry the patties in hot lard to achieve a deliciously crispy and golden exterior.
- To prevent the onions from burning while sautéing, cook them over low heat and stir frequently.
- When making the sauce, be sure to sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Simmer the sauce until it reaches your desired thickness. If it's too thick, you can add more water to thin it out.
- When arranging the burgers on a platter, pour the sauce over them just before serving to ensure that they stay hot and juicy.