How to Cook Chicken Afritada with Pork
This afritada dish is a combination of chicken and pork. And this chicken and pork afritada don't use tomato sauce, instead it uses fresh tomatoes.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 kilo chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 kilo pork kasim shoulder, cubed
- 2 large onions quartered
- 1 1/2 kilos very ripe tomatoes quartered
- 1 whole head garlic pricked all over with a toothpick
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons native vinegar
- 4 pieces potatoes quartered
- 2 red peppers cut into strips
- 2 green peppers cut into strips
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper
How to cook Chicken Afritada with Pork :
In a large casserole, brown meat. Remove, and set aside.
Slice onions and tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are very soft.
Return meat. Add whole garlic, bay leaves and vinegar. Simmer till meat is half cooked.
Add potatoes and cook till tender. Add red and green peppers in the last few minutes of cooking.
Season with salt and pepper. 8 servings.