How to Cook Ginataang Tilapia with Pechay
Ginataang tilapia or tilapia with coconut milk is a popular tilapia dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 kilo tilapia cleaned and sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 to 2 bunches pechay trimmed
- 1 piece finger chili siling haba
- ground black pepper to taste optional
How to cook Ginataang Tilapia with Pechay:
Put tilapia in a pot and add salt. Add the garlic, onions and ginger. Then pour the vinegar.
Turn on heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and cover.
After 5 minutes, add pechay put on top of the fish. Add finger chilies then pour the coconut milk.
Cover and continue boiling until the sauce is reduce to half or until thick.
Season with ground black pepper if desired. Serve hot.