How to Cook Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon sa Kamias
Salmon head siningang is one of the many versions of fish siningang that has become the favorite of Pinoys.
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 cup kamias or batu-an fruit whole & unpeeled
- 1/2 cup white onions sliced
- 1/2 cup red tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup radish sliced
- 6 cup water
- 1/4 cup patis fish sauce
- 6 finger chilis
- 1 salmon head split in half
- 1/2 cup sitaw string beans
- 1/2 cup talbos ng kamote camote tops
- 1/4 cup miso optional
How to cook Salmon Head Sinigang
Lightly sautéed onions and tomatoes in a pan. Do not use an aluminum pan. Stainless steel or clay pot is recommended.
Add the radish and sour fruit (kamias or batu-an).
Add 6 cups of water. While the broth simmers, bruise or crush the fruit to release the flavor.
Add patis and green chilis. When the broth reaches the desired tartness, put in salmon head and sitaw.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. When done, add the kamote tops and let wilt for a minute. Serve.