Paklay (Pork Meat and Innards Stew)
This pork meat and innards stew recipe is from Southern Mindanao Region 11 (Davao).
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time30 minutes mins
Total Time40 minutes mins
Course: Pork Recipe
Keyword: innards stew, paklay
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup each of cooked and sliced pork liempo, kidney, spleen, heart and liver
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup native vinegar
- 2 cups broth from boiled pork, beef or chicken
- 1 cup cubed unripe pineapple
- 3/4 cup sliced green and red pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
How to cook paklay:
Sauté garlic, ginger, onion until fragrant.
Add the pork and variety meats and continue sauteing until the meat is slightly brown.
Add vinegar and broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the meat is tender.
Add pineapple and pepper. Season with salt.
Cook for 5 minutes longer. Serve hot. 6 servings.