Paklay (Pork Meat and Innards Stew)
This pork meat and innards stew recipe is from Southern Mindanao Region 11 (Davao).
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup each of cooked and sliced pork liempo, kidney, spleen, heart and liver
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup native vinegar
- 2 cups broth from boiled pork, beef or chicken
- 1 cup cubed unripe pineapple
- 3/4 cup sliced green and red pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
How to cook paklay:
Sauté garlic, ginger, onion until fragrant.
Add the pork and variety meats and continue sauteing until the meat is slightly brown.
Add vinegar and broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the meat is tender.
Add pineapple and pepper. Season with salt.
Cook for 5 minutes longer. Serve hot. 6 servings.