How to Make Vigan Longganisa
Vigan longganisa is an Ilocano sausage delicacy with a plenty of garlic and spices in the mixture.
Servings: 4 to 8 servings
- 1 kilo ground pork pigue or kasim
- 1/4 cup garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. onions chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt up to 1 Tbsp.
- 1 tsp. phosphate accord powder mixed with 1 Tbsp. water optional
- 1 tsp. black pepper ground
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/4 Tbsp. vinegar sukang Iloko or cane vinegar
- 2 yards sausage or hog casing
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to cook vigan longganisa:
In a bowl, mix thoroughly the first eight ingredients until well blended.
Stuff the mixture into casing and tie every 2 inches long with a string.
Hang under direct sunlight for about 4 hours to allow fat and liquid to drip and dry.
Heat a carajay and pour 1/2 cup water and 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil.
Put in the longanisa. Cover and cook over low heat until all of the water evaporates. Prick each with a fork.
When all liquid has evaporated, pan fry until brown.
Serve hot with fried rice, tomatoes and sliced salted eggs. Serves 8