How to Cook Binagoongang Manok (Chicken with Shrimp Paste)
Another variation of the famous binagoongang baboy Filipino dish, the binagoongang manok or chicken with shrimp paste is a very good alternative.
Servings: 3 servings
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast cut into medium sized cubes (bite size)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. sweetened shrimp paste sweetened bagoong, you can buy the bottled Barrio Fiesta bagoong
- 5 pcs. long green chili or siling pang-sigang sliced
- 1 pc. eggplant slice into 2 inch length (optional)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper
How to cook binagoongang manok:
In a medium size skillet or non-stick pan, stir fry the chicken breast until slightly golden brown then set aside.
Remove the oil from the pan and leave about 1 Tbsp. and saute garlic and onion.
Then add the chicken breast and saute for about a few minutes then put the shrimp paste.
You can add some water to prevent the chicken breast from drying up. Add in the eggplant.
After 2 minutes add the coconut milk and green chili.
Season with salt and pepper and adjust according to your desired taste.