How to Cook Beef Kaldereta with Beer
This beef caldereta is a variation of the well known beef caldereta with the addition of beer in cooking this dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 kilo beef brisket cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 pieces tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups beer
- 2 medium size potatoes quartered
- 1/3 cup sweet peas
- 1 red bell pepper julienne
- 1 green bell pepper julienne
- 2 Tbsp. liverwurst or liver spread
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rock salt or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. MSG
How to Cook Beef Caldereta:
Sauté garlic and onion in oil, stir in beef and toss for 3 minutes until slightly brown.
Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, simmer for 1 minute, add beer and simmer until meat is almost tender.
Then add potatoes, peppers, sweet peas, liverwurst, tabasco. Salt and MSG.
Continue simmering until potatoes are cooked and beef is very tender.