How to Cook Beef Pochero with Eggplant Sauce
Beef pochero dish is a variation of the well known pork pochero.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 kilo beef kenchi or shank cut into serving pieces
- 1 small can Chorizo de Bilbao sliced
- 6 cup of water
- 1/2 medium-sized cabbage quartered
- 100 grams green beans
- 2 medium-sized potatoes quartered
- 2 pc. banana saba variety sliced diagonally
- 1 small can garbanzos
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium-sized onion sliced
- 4 cup broth from boiled beef and vegetables
- 1/2 tsp. MSG
- 2 eggplant broiled, peeled and smashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic minced
How to cook Beef Pochero with Egg Plant Sauce:
Boil beef kenchi and Chorizo de Bilbao in water and salt.
When tender, remove, and cook potatoes, green beans, cabbage, and bananas in the same broth. Set aside.
Saute garlic and onions in hot oil. Add broth and seasoning, then put in meat, potatoes, green beans, cabbage, bananas, and garbanzos. Cook for a few minutes then serve with eggplant sauce.
How to prepare the Eggplant Sauce: