How to Cook Arroz a la Cubana
Arroz a la Cubana is a Spanish dish consisting of white rice, fried egg, fried bananas and tomato sauce and does not include meat.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1/4 kilo ground beef
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. small onion sliced thinly
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 cups newly cooked rice molded using the cups
- 1 fried saba banana sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup boiled sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 fried egg sunny side up
How to cook arroz ala cubana:
Sauté the garlic, sliced tomato and onions in oil.
Then add the ground beef and pork until slightly brown and cooked.
Add the other ingredients, raisins, pepper and salt.
In a plate arrange the molded rice in a circular fashion and put the cooked meat in the center.
Garnish with bananas, sweet potatoes and fried egg on top. Serve hot.