How to Make Chicken Chunks Pasta with Kesong Puti
This chicken pasta dish is combined with kesong puti, a local white cheese made from curd fresh milk of cow or carabao.
Servings: 6 servings
For the marinated kesong puti:
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. salt optional
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or corn oil
- 2 packs kesong puti sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
For the pasta sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 156 gram canned chicken chunks in water drained and cut into smaller chunks
- 1 medium size white onion diced
- 1 medium red bell peppers diced
- 1 stalk onion leek sliced
- 250 gram pack spaghetti sauce three cheese flavor
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 500 gram pack pasta cooked as per package directions
How to prepare the marinated kesong puti:
In a small bowl, mix together tomato paste and basil leaves.
If kesong puti is bland, add salt to tomato paste. Pour olive oil and kesong puti.
Stir gently to coat the kesong puti. Set aside in the refrigerator.
How to make the pasta sauce:
Heat olive oil in a wide saucepan. Saute garlic until lightly browned.
Add chicken chunks, onions, bell peppers and leeks and continue sauteing until onions are limp and transparent.
Pour in spaghetti sauce and let simmer gently over low heat for 10 minutes.
Season with salt and sugar, if desired. To serve: Pour sauce over cooked paste. Top with kesong puti.