How to Cook Roasted Maya-Maya (Red Snapper) with Vegetables
Roasted maya-maya or red snapper is a simple yet elegant dish. The wine and lemon adds continental flavor to the dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 kilos whole maya-maya fish red snapper, scaled and cleaned
- 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- 1/2 kilo potatoes sliced into cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced into squares
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced into squares
- 1 medium carrot sliced into circles
- 1 cup sliced onion leeks white part only, sliced diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Roasted Maya-Maya with Vegetables:
Preheat oven to 275 °F. In a large roasting pan combine 1/4 cup of the olive oil with potatoes.
Season with salt and pepper and roast potatoes for about 30 minutes.
Stir in bell peppers, carrots, leeks and wine. Toss gently avoid breaking the potatoes.
Rub fish with salt, lemon juice and remaining oil. Arrange on top of vegetables.
Return to oven and roast 30 - 35 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Let fish stand for 10 minutes. Drizzle with the pan juices before serving.
You can serve it with hot steaming rice.