How to Cook Chicken Binakol
Chicken binakol is a popular Iloilo stewed chicken dish with coconut meat and water.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 whole dressed chicken cut in serving pieces
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 thumb size ginger crushed
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 stalk tanglad (lemon grass) cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Patis fermented fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 5 cups rice washing
- 2 cups grated buko
- 2 cups buko water
- 1 bunch dahon ng sili sili leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon spring onion chopped (optional)
How to cook chicken binakol:
Sauté garlic and ginger in hot oil until brown. Add onion and tanglad. Add chicken, patis and pepper.
Saute for a while, pour rice washing, cover and simmer till chicken is tender.
Remove chicken and debone. Return chicken to the stock. (or just leave it as is)
Add buko, buko water and dahon ng sili. Simmer a few minutes more.
Sprinkle with the spring onion before serving. 6 portions.