How to Cook Squid and Shrimp Balls Seafood Soup
There is great tasting dish you can make from squid balls, shrimp balls or kikiam that you usually see as street food which is fried and poured with sweet sauce.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 to 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium sized ginger cut in big slices
- 1 cup or 1/4 kilo freshly flaked crab meat
- 250 grams squid balls
- 250 grams shrimp balls or kikiam
- 1/2 cup leeks or spring onions chopped
- 250 grams white radish cut in big slices
- Hot sauce optional
How to cook Squid and Shrimp Balls soup:
Bring broth to a boil. If chicken broth is not available, you can make an instant broth by using chicken broth cubes. For ratio is 1 broth cube per 1 1/2 cups water. So you need about 3 broth cubes for 4 1/2 cups water. Add other flavorings is you wish.
Add the ginger then let boil for about a minute. Then add crabmeat and let boil again for another minute.
Add the squid balls and shrimp balls and let it boil again. At this point you can add the radish.
When ready to serve, add the spring onions then cover. Remove from heat. Serve hot.