How to Cook Coco Chicken Kare-Kare
A unique chicken dish for you to try. Usually kare-kare dish uses beef tripe or pork's legs or "pata" but this recipe use chicken instead.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken cubes
- 1 pack kare-kare mix dissolved in 2 cups water
- 1 pc whole chicken chopped into serving pieces
- 2 Tbsp. annato oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 2 cups puso ng saging banana bud, cut into 2-inch length
- 2 cups sitaw string beans , cut into 2-inch length
- 2 cups talong eggplant, cut into 2-inch length
- 1/4 cup rice toasted and ground
- 1/2 cup grated mature coconut niyog, toasted until light brown
How to cook Coco Chicken Kare-Kare:
Heat the annato oil and brown chicken pieces on all sides. Then add in onions and garlic and saute.
Pour in prepared kare-kare mix and Knorr chicken cubes for that authentic flavor of kare-kare made better with the delicious taste of real chicken.
Simmer mixture before adding ground toasted rice and vegetables.
Heat mixture and stir occasionally until vegetables are done.
Turn off the heat, ladle on bowl and top with grated coconut.