How to Cook Pan Fried Breakfast Steaks with Mushrooms
Instead of grilling your steak, you can try pan fry steak for a change or if you just don't want the smell of the charcoal burning.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 kilo beef breakfast steak partially frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon calamansi lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 kilo fresh whole oyster mushrooms
- 1 piece beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh milk or full cream milk
- 1/4 cup parsley or scallion green spring onions, chopped (for garnishing)
How to cook Pan Fried Breakfast Steaks with Mushrooms:
Season beef breakfast steak with salt, liquid seasoning, ground pepper and calamansi juice.
In a heavy pan, heat butter and fry the steaks on both sides until brown. Transfer steaks to a platter and set aside.
In the same pan, add fresh whole oyster mushroom. Saute for a while then stir in beef bouillon cubes and dissolve in butter.
Thicken with flour. Cook for about 1 minute then pour in milk. Let boil. Then pour the sauce over steaks.
If you want to have a sizzling steak, heat the sizzling plates on a stove until hot. Put the steak then pour the sauce over to have a sizzling effect. Garnish with parsley or scallion.