How to Cook Sinigang na Baboy sa Bayabas
This pork ribs sinigang is a variation of the original pork sinigang dish that uses tamarind as a souring agent for the broth.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 kilo pork ribs chopped to serving pieces
- 2 pcs small eggplants slice diagonally
- 1 bunch kangkong remove from the stem
- 2 pcs tomatoes quartered
- 1 inch ginger slice into strips
- 1 Tbsp. patis or fish sauce
- 5 pcs okra sliced
- 2 cups sitaw or string beans sliced 1 1/2 inch
- 3 pcs small gabi or taro root peeled and quartered
- 2 to 3 pcs siling labuyo or bird's eye chili peppers
- 2 pcs small red onions sliced
- 1/2 kilo guavas quartered
- salt and pepper
How to cook Sinigang na Baboy sa Bayabas:
In a medium size stainless steel pot, boil some water slightly more than enough to cover the meat.
While the water is boiling, put the pork ribs one by one until every piece of meat is in the pot.
Then add the tomatoes and guavas and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat is tender.
Add the onions, gabi, siling labuyo, ginger, salt and pepper then cook for another 8 minutes.
Then add the sitaw, okra and eggplants and simmer for another 6 minutes. Add in the kangkong and simmer for 1 minutes more. Serve hot.