How to Cook Crabs with Buko
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 6 medium pieces blue crabs alimasag
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 10 pcs sitaw stringbeans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 can 227 grams Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 3 stalks green onions chopped
- 2 pcs buko meat cut into strips or shredded
- 1 tsp. iodized salt or 1 tbsp. rock salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups buko water
How to cook Crabs with Buko:
Saute garlic and onion. Add crabs, buko water, 1 teaspoon iodized salt or 1 tablespoon rock salt.
Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove crabs. Discard upper shell and gills. Cut into half. Flake meat from claws.
Return to pot. Add sitaw and buko meat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add Del Monte Tomato Sauce. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
Add green onions just before serving.