How to Cook Escabecheng Maya-Maya
Servings: 2 to 3 servings
For the fish
- 1 1/2 kilo. whole maya-maya
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil for frying
For the sweet sour sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 20 grams ginger sliced or julienne
- 2 small red and green bell pepper julienne
- 10 grams yellow ginger juiced
- 1 cup vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup grated green papaya
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chopped scallion for garnishing optional
How to cook Escabecheng Maya-Maya
Season fish with salt and pepper. Fry fish in oil and keep warm.
Saute garlic, onion and ginger. Stir for 2 minutes.
Add red and green bell pepper, yellow ginger juice, vinegar, sugar and grated green papaya.
Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange fish on an oval platter. Pour sauce over it. Garnish with scallion (optional). Serve hot.