How to Cook Batchoy
Batchoy is Filipino pork innards soup that consists of pork meat, pancreas or lapay, liver and kidney and mixed with chili leaves. This is I think is the only known batchoy ever since specially in the tagalog region.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 kilo sliced pork tenderloin
- 1/2 kilo sliced pork lapay pancreas
- 1/4 kilo sliced pork liver
- 1/4 kilo sliced pork kidney
- 3 segments chopped garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 small piece ginger cut in fine strips
- 2 Tbsps. patis
- 1 cup dahon ng sili chili pepper leaves
- water or soup stock
How to cook Batchoy:
Fry sliced pig tenderloin. kidney, liver, lapay until brown and set aside.
Saute garlic ginger, and onions and mix to meat mixture thoroughly and cover.
After 10 minutes, add enough stock or water to cover and boil until meat becomes tender.
Add sili leaves and remove from heat. Serve hot. Good for 4 persons.