How to Cook Chicken Afritada
Chicken afritada is one of the many Filipino tomato based stew. In this case, it is a tomato based chicken stew.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 kilo chicken legs or thigh chop into serving pieces
- 1 pc large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. patis
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 medium size carrot cut into wedges
- 1 medium sized potato quartered
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas or chick peas garbanzos
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 1 pc green or red bell pepper slice into squares
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to cook Chicken Afritada:
Saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Then add the chicken and saute for 5 minutes.
Add patis and stir cook until the patis has evaporated, then add the tomato sauce and water.
Bring to a boil then simmer until the chicken is tender and almost cooked.
Add carrots and potatoes. Simmer again until carrot and potatoes are cooked.
Add the cheese, green peas, black pepper, bay leaf and bell peppers and simmer for another 3 minutes. Serve hot.