How to Cook Sampayna (Dinuguan from Northern Mindanao)
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 cup cut pork's small intestines (cleaned, boiled and cut crosswise, 1 cm. Lengths)
- 1 cup cut pork's lung (cleaned, boiled and cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons sliced onion
- 1 teaspoons sliced ginger
- 2 tablespoons slice tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cut pork liver (cubes)
- 2 cups sliced banana heart
- 1 cup vinegar mixed with 2 cups pork's blood
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup olasiman stems and leaves
How to make sampayna:
Boil intestines and lungs until tender or for about 30 minutes.
Sauté garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes. Add intestines, lungs, liver and banana heart.
Add well-mixed vinegar-blood mixture and bring to a boil without stirring for about 15 minutes.
Add salt, stir and add olasiman. Cook 5 minutes longer. Serve hot. Six servings.