How to Cook Ellen's Spicy Chicken Adobo
Actually this recipe is inspired by a chicken adobo from Laguna which my wife tasted when she went to her cousins there.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 kilos back part of chicken you can use other parts like legs, thigh or wings
- 1/2 kilo chopped tomatoes
- 4 large cloves of minced garlic
- 1 piece chopped large red onion
- 4 pieces chili peppers or siling labuyo
- 1/2 cup soy sauce coconut brand is recommended
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- 1 tsp seasoning granules magic sarap or namnam
- 1 tsp black pepper. ground
- 1/2 cup water optional
How to cook Ellen's Spicy Chicken Adobo:
Saute minced garlic in cooking oil until brown. Then add the onions and stir fry until soft. Add the chili peppers and also stir fry and crush it using the spatula during sauteing.
The add the chopped tomatoes and saute for 3 minutes and the cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
Then uncover and saute again and check if the tomatoes are very soft and add a little water if the tomatoes are too dry.
Add the chopped chicken and stir constantly until the tomatoes are mixed with the chicken thoroughly. Then add the vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaf, sugar and seasoning granules.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or more until the chicken is almost dark golden brown and the liquid has evaporated and only the oil is boiling with the chicken.