Kiddie Spaghetti with Longganisa
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 kilo spaghetti pasta cooked according to package instruction
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 kilo Lucban longganisa casing removed and cut into chunks
- 1 can sliced button mushrooms
- 500 gram pack Italian-style spaghetti sauce
- 250 gram pack tomato sauce
- 2 cups meat stock or water
- 1 tsp. Granulated seasoning e.g. Magic Sarap, NamNam
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- grated Parmesan cheese
How to cook Kiddie Spaghetti with Longganisa:
Heat olive oil then add celery, carrots and onions and cook until soft before adding garlic.
Add the longganisa chunks and cook until browned.
Add mushrooms and tomato sauces. Pour in chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Season with granulated seasoning, dried herbs, pepper and sugar.
Cook over low heat for 10 minutes more, stirring continuously to prevent burning.
Toss sauce with cooked noodles and top with Parmesan cheese. Serves 6-8.