How to Make Beef Tapa with Atchara
This is a recipe on how to make beef tapa.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 kilo sirloin beef sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
For the Acharra:
- 1 medium green papaya grated
- 1 small carrot grated or cut into flower shapes
- 1 green pepper cut into fine strips
- 1 small bunch shallots sibuyas tagalog, peeled
For pickling solution:
- 2 tsp. ginger cut into fine strips
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rock salt
How to make Beef Tapa with Atchara:
How to make atcharra:
In a bowl put all vegetables together.
Sprinkle with rock salt and let stand for a few hours or overnight.
Squeeze out excess liquid from the vegetables and rinse in water to remove salt.
Put all pickling solution ingredients together.
Stir till sugar and salt are dissolved.
Pack vegetables in jars and pour vinegar mixture to cover.
Refrigerate. Serve 2-3 days later.