Tinolang Paa ng Manok (Chicken Feet Tinola)
Do you know that chicken feet is rich in collagen and is good for our joints to prevent arthritis and for our skin to look younger? Not only that, I think this version of tinola using chicken feet is tastier that using chicken meat. Before I had a chance of tasting this dish I was in doubt if it will taste good making chicken feet as tinola because we always cook chicken feet adobo style with tausi or black salted beans which is my favorite. But when I tasted this, I loved it more than having tinola using chicken thigh, wings or legs.
- 1 kilo chicken feet, washed and cleaned, nails and skin removed
- 1 pc small green papaya, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch of dahon ng sili (chili leaves), remove the stem
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc medium sized red onion, sliced
- 1 thumb sized ginger, sliced into strips
- 2 pcs long green chilies (siling panigang)
- 1 Tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- 5 cups of water
- cooking oil
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and ginger until slightly brown. Then add onion and saute until onion is wilted.
- Then put the chicken feet in the wok and saute for at least 3 minutes. Then add the patis and continue stirring for a few seconds.
- Then add the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes then add the papaya. Continue to simmer for another 10 minutes or until the chicken feet is tender.
- Then add in the green chilies and dahon ng sili and simmer again for a minute then turn off heat. Serve hot.