Sarciadong Dalagang Bukid
Dalagang bukid fish or yellow tail fusilier is a white flesh and delectable fish that is very similar to lapu-lapu (grouper) flesh in texture and taste. For me, it also taste like crab meat. That is why it is one of my favorite fish. Cooking sarciadong dalagang bukid is also easy and ingredient are few. First, fry the fish. Then saute garlic, onion and tomatoes. Add water and let it boil. Add the beaten eggs and stir cook for a while. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the fried fish and simmer until cooked. Serve hot.
- 1 kilo dalagang bukid (yellow tail fusilier)
- 4 pcs raw eggs, beaten
- 1 pc red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 pcs medium size ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- cooking oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and wash in running water the dalagang bukid fish. Drain and season with salt. Deep fry until brown and skin are crispy. Set aside.
- In a cooking pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and saute until very soft.
- Then add water and bring to a boil. Add the beaten eggs, salt and pepper. Stir until the eggs are slightly cooked and distributed evenly.
- Add the fried fish and let it simmer for a few minutes until the fish absorbed some of the liquid. Serve hot.