Pineapple Pork Chops
A very simple and delicious baked pork chops dish that is sweet and fruity taste because of the pineapples. You just need some very basic ingredients that are usually found on your kitchen pantry and refrigerator. I think this can also be grilled and use the sauce mixture as the marinade. Since the recipe here is baking the pork chops for 3 hours, there might be little sauce left or might become very thick. You might reduce the baking time or change the way it is cooked. You can also use a pan and simmer the pork chops in the sauce until tender and serve with the sweet and tangy sauce and some steaming cooked rice.
- 10 pcs pork chops
- 1½ cups tomato catsup
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium can sliced pineapples
- cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the pork chops until light brown for at least 3 minutes on each side. Then transfer the pork chops in a baking pan without the oil.
- In a saucepan, combine catsup, water, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar in dissolved. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops and also top with the pineapple slices. Include also the pineapple syrup on the pork chops.
- Cover with an aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven 275°F for 3 hours or until the pork is tender. Serve hot.