Sinigang na Hito sa Miso
Another delicious fish style sinigang using catfish. I’m sure fish sinigang is healthier alternative than other meat in cooking sinigang. But preparing catfish in cooking need some technique unlike other fishes. Catfish is alive when sold in wet markets or supermarkets and luckily the vendor usually do the cleaning and gutting the fish. All you have to do is cook it but since it has a stronger fishy odor and their skin produce slime, some pour hot water or rub it with salt. Slightly frying the fish for a few minutes before proceeding with the recipe is also a good technique for removing the fishy odor.
To cook hito sa miso; Fry hito a little to remove odor. Saute onion and tomatoes. Pour dissolved miso, season and let boil. Add hito and vegetables. Simmer for another 2 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Put siling haba. To see the complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, scroll down below.
- 400 gms hito (catfish)
- 1 pc tomato, sliced
- 200 gms miso, dissolved in water
- Siling haba ( long green peppers )
- 50 gms native mustasa
- cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, sliced
- Fry hito a little to remove odor. Saute onion and tomatoes.
- Pour dissolved miso, season and let boil. Add hito and vegetables.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Put siling haba. Serve hot.