Do you want to add some extra presentation on making a sizzling steak? I guess a flaming steak is what you need. Preparation and seasoning of this flaming steak are the same as sizzling steak. You make this into a flaming steak after putting the cooked steak on the hot platter, immediately pour 2 tablespoons of brandy around the steak and light it up. When the flame subsides, quickly pour gravy on top and serve at once.
300 to 500 grams beef round or pork thigh
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. MSG
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
Strips of potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, string beans and chayote (for garnishing)
For the meat preparation:
- Cut all ligaments on surface. Slice diagonally, 3″ thick and slit in middle to make 1 1/2″ thick.
- Pound meat with back of knife or sprinkle with meat tenderizer to make it tender before marinating.
- You may also use unripe papaya juice as tenderizer.
How to cook Flaming Steak:
- Marinade that meat for at least half an hour with Worcestershire sauce, MSG and pepper.
- Grill the steak over hot charcoal. Brush griller with a little oil first before putting on steak.
- When grilling do not press the meat so as to squeeze out the meat’s juice.
- Also, brush meat with a little oil before turning to grill on the other side of the meat.
- Meanwhile, while waiting for the steak to cook, heat the steak’s steel plate on another stove.
- Put the cooked steak on the hot platter. Then immediately pour 2 tablespoons of brandy around the steak and light it up.
- When the flame subsides, quickly pour the brown gravy on the steak and serve at once.
- Fry in butter the strips of potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, string beans and chayote. Use this to garnish your steak.
To make the brown gravy:
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. flour
1 cup broth
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. MSG
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. chopped mushrooms
- Heat butter in a pan, add flour. Stir till it becomes pasty.
- Then gradually add broth ans seasoning. Stir in milk and mushrooms.
- Stir until well blended.