Dried Squid Fried Rice
A unique kind of fried rice combining fried dried squid, eggs and fried rice. No need for you to cook them separately. The usual method of cooking this breakfast is to fry the dried squid first, then cook the scrambled eggs and cook the fried rice. Now you can mix them together and have a tasty breakfast serve with your favorite brewed coffee or pineapple juice.
- ¼ kilo of dried squid
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups of rice
- 3 eggs, beaten and scrambled
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the dried squid until crispy. Drain the excess oil by placing it on paper towel.
- Then cut into thin strips or just shred it to pieces.
- Reduce the oil to just about a tablespoon in the pan where you fried the dried pusit.
- Then sauté the garlic until fragrant and golden brown.
- Add in the rice then stir fry and let all the ingredients mix together thoroughly.
- If the rice is too dry, don't be afraid to add a little water or chicken stock.
- This will make the rice softer and more enjoyable to eat.
- Then toss in the scrambled eggs into the fried rice.
- Stir fry again to mix the beaten eggs with the rice.
- Then last but not the least, season with a dash of salt and pepper and drizzle with vinegar.