This simple crab salad recipe consist of crab meat, tomatoes, celery, spring onion, mayonnaise, chili sauce and spices. It is also garnished with lettuce and sliced hard boiled eggs or lemon slices. The nice thing about this recipe, it’s a little artistic, stuffing each crab shell with crab meat salad mixture for a nice presentation. But the tedious task of removing the crab meat from each crab will make us think twice before making this recipe and a very easy option is to buy frozen or canned crab meat. It’s easier and more practical so we don’t need to fill each crab shell. We’ll just put it in a salad bowl.
- 6 pcs fresh blue crabs (alimasag), steamed or 2 cups steamed crab meat
- 2 pcs tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. spring onions, minced
- 2 Tbsp. celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. pickle relish
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. hot chili sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt (add more if necessary)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 pcs hard boiled egg, sliced or lemon slices
- Romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce for garnishing
- Remove the top shell or the crabs and take the crab meat then set aside.
- Don't throw away the shell, it will be used later but you can discard this step if you don't want to stuff each crab with the salad.
- You can also buy frozen crab meat but you should steam it first before combining with the rest of the ingredients.
- Flake the crab meat and put in a bowl. Combine and blend well with tomatoes, spring onions, celery, pickle relish, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Fill each crab shell with the salad filling and arrange a bed of lettuce then place the stuffed crab shell on the lettuce.
- Garnish with hard boiled eggs. You can skip the filling of crab shells by just placing the lettuce on sides of the bowl and put the salad on it.
- Chill first then serve.