Chicken pandan is a very simple chicken dish but it looks like you have ordered it on an authentic Thai restaurant. Its because the chicken meat is marinated in a mixture of oyster sauce, liquid seasoning, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic and cornstarch then wrapped in pandan leaves then deep fried. Since Pinoys are accustomed with the spicy Thai dishes, this chicken pandan recipe here is adapted to the Pinoy taste.
- 250 grams chicken thigh
- Cilantro (optional)
- ¼ Tbsp. garlic
- ½ Tbsp. oyster sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Knorr liquid seasoning
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Pandan leaves(fragrant screwpine) for wrapping
- Debone chicken thigh and mix with cilantro, chopped garlic, oyster sauce, Knorr seasoning, brown sugar, salt, cornstarch and sesame oil.
- Then wrap in pandas leaves. Secure with toothpick so the leaves won't open when frying.
- In a pan, deep-fry chicken pandan for about 3 to 4 minutes or until done.
- Serve with a vinegar and garlic mixture dipping sauce if desired.