Chicken Ala Kiev
Chicken ala kiev is a Russian chicken dish that is very popular. This is an easy to make chicken dish made by pounding the chicken breast fillet until it becomes a sheet then stuffed with cold butter in the center by wrapping the butter with the flattened chicken breast into a roll that resembles a drumstick. Then coated with beaten egg and breadcrumbs. This way the butter will melt inside the chicken when you fry it and when you slice it, the butter will ooze from the chicken. This is a very interesting dish that you have to try.
- 4 pcs whole chicken breast
- ½ head garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fine salt
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. MSG or granulated seasoning
- frozen butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley (optional)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- Remove skin of chicken breast. Separate meat from the bone. With one chicken breast you can make 2 pieces of "Ala Kiev".
- Place chicken breast fillet between 2 pieces of wax paper. Pound until the meat is spread thinly. You may use the flat side of knife in pounding.
- Rub the meat with minced garlic. Combine salt, MSG, and pepper. Sprinkle on the meat.
- Cut frozen butter into sticks, ¾ inch thick by 2½ inch length. Place 1 piece in the middle of the meat, sprinkle with parsley and roll like a drumstick.
- Be sure the butter is well enveloped in the meat or it will ooze out while frying. Secure with a toothpick.
- Cover thoroughly with flour, dip in beaten egg and roll on bread crumbs. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to set the coating.
- Deep fry for 5 minutes, remove the toothpicks and serve immediately. You can also use quick melt cheese to stuff in your chicken ala kiev.