Chicharon Pork Liempo
This chicharon is one of the tastiest pork chicharon I’ve tasted. This is commercially available but it cost much. Sometime you can see it as cebu pork chicharon. The reason why I say it’s delicious is because the pork rind still contains crunchy pork fat and meat.
- 1 kilo pork liempo
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- In a casserole, put together all ingredients. Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer till tender, about an. hour.
- Remove the pork and drain. Leave in an airy place to dry.
- Slice into thin strips then ½ inch crosswise. Refrigerate overnight.
- Deep fat fry till golden brown. Serve with native coconut vinegar with a few chopped bird's eye chili (siling labuyo).