Baked Fish with Crab Stuffing
Make your baked fish a little extra ordinary by stuffing it with crab meat mixture. The crab meat stuffing is composed of celery, parsley, onions, bread crumbs, liquid seasoning crab meat and eggs as binder. You can use white flesh fish like lapu-lapu, maya-maya or tilapia on this recipe.
2 1/2 kilo fish, split (at the back or belly) and prepared for stuffing
185 grams crab meat, flaked and tendons removed
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup minced parsley
1 small white onion, minced
2 tsp. liquid seasoning
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1 1/2 cup fine white bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Baked Fish with Crab Stuffing:
- Grease a large shallow roasting pan (17″ x 11 1/2″ x 2″) and line it with greased foil.
- Wash fish and wipe dry; place it in the pan.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat the eggs just enough to combine yolks and white; add the remaining ingredients.
- With a fork, mix lightly but thoroughly. If stuffing seems dry, sprinkle with 1 or 2 Tbsp. hot water and mix.
- Stuff the fish with the mixture and close opening with skewers.
- And if desired, lace with strings or loosely sew up the opening with darning needle and heavy white thread.
- Melt a little extra butter and add a little extra liquid seasoning to it; brush mixture over top of the fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 500 °F for 10 minutes.
- Lower down temperature to 400 °F and continue baking about 40 minutes until top is browned and fish flakes easily when tested with fork.